Thoughts have a miraculous power to make a change, which can change our mindset as well as our actions. A single thought which comes to you is to make a change in your personality, however they are further divided into two – one is the negative one and other one is positive. Change comes with thoughts naturally; a negative thought can invade your mind and on the other hand a positive thought can make you progress. But there’s a limitation to “the power of thoughts”. A change is impossible without implementation.
So, when we are talking about thoughts, let’s also study about a very thoughtful person who has not only himself applied his thoughts but was also followed by the world and who progressed as an author, monk, philosopher, mediator and human. I’m talking about Swami Vivekananda who first learned life changing lessons from his master Ramakrishna, adopted those lessons in his own life and later on, he made the world realize about the power of Indian philosophies of Vedanta and Yoga.
Born in a Bengali Kayastha family he was deeply indulged in spirituality and yoga. From his master Ramakrishna, he learned that all the living beings are visible forms of God and therefore services to God can be rendered by serving the mankind. Inspired by his master’s teachings, this karma-yogi dedicated every second of his life to make this country the best place for all, it is people’s progress with the positive thoughts and this world, learn about Dharma.
For Swami Vivekananda, I have a different point of view. I believe our actions are reflection of our thoughts, he was the one who not only have positive thoughts but also had a spirit to make his thoughts change every mind whichever comes in his contact. His thoughts are more powerful than any other thing he had. He had a dream for our nation, it’s people and for this world and I must say with every passing second of his life he made it come true. He lives for this nation, to make it one by connecting every single person with truth. A person who had reached the heights of his dreams and now world follows his footsteps with the same spirit to unite the world with truth and divinity.
Let’s check what ideas this man had for this nation, it’s people and for this world..
- “I have faith in my country, and especially in the youth of my country. My hope is in you. With an immense amount of feeling and enthusiasm in the blood, some heroes who will march from one corner of the earth to the other, preaching and teaching the eternal spiritual truths of our forefathers.”
- “What I want is muscles of iron and nerves of steel, inside which dwells a kind of same material as that of which the thunderbolt is made.”
- “Now for that, I want young men. “It is the young, the strong, and healthy, of sharp intellect that will reach the Lord”, say the Vedas. This is the time to decide your future – while you possess the energy of youth, not when you are worn out and jaded, but in the freshness and vigor of youth. Work – this is the time; for the freshest, the untouched, and unsmelled flowers alone are to be laid at the feet of the Lord, and such He receives. Rouse yourselves, therefore, or life is short.”
- “And here is the test of truth – anything that makes you weak physically, intellectually, and spiritually, reject as poison; there is no life in it, it cannot be true. Truth is strengthening. Truth is purity, truth is all-knowledge; truth must be strengthening, must be enlightening, must be invigorating.”
- “First of all, our young men must be strong. Religion will come afterwards. Be strong, my young friends; that is my advice to you. You will be nearer to heaven through football than through the study of the Gita. These are bold words; but I have to say them, for I love you…You will understand the Gita better with your biceps, your muscles, a little stronger. You will understand the mighty genius and the mighty strength of Krishna better with a little of strong blood in you.”
- “All power is within you; you can do anything and everything. Believe in that, do not believe that you are weak; do not believe that you are half-crazy lunatics, as most of us do nowadays. You can do anything and everything, without even the guidance of anyone. Stand up and express the divinity within you.”
- “A brave, frank, clean-hearted, courageous and aspiring youth is the only foundation on which the future nation can be built.”
After all dreams remain dreams unless and until we make our best to make them come true. A person who dedicated his entire life for the best of mankind, we can’t be the same as he was but we never know who’s having that spirit to make a change in this world. We all are one but we can’t unite because of our diverged thoughts. We all have been divided with baseless ideologies which never had an aim to unite us.
Forgetting what we are let’s actually be what God has made us, because our life is for a special reason and we can’t deny this fact that we are a bit special than other living organisms of this world. We have a chance in form of life and we have the power to make a change with our thoughts with a limitation that the power of our thoughts remains locked unless they are implemented. Implementation ends with result, a negative thought on implementation is disastrous and a positive thought gives success to you and to the world as well.